Friday, December 2, 2011

Thoughts on racism.

This past 10 years or less, we see racism going on a massive rampage. However, these racist remarks I refer to, comes from our top management. I always started raging when they start using racist comments such as "cina boleh balik china la" and what not. I felt disgusted and hurt by comments made these people who are running our govt.

For example, one person who probably has racist Tattoed on his head, is, I shall not divulge. But you should know who la. One clue, he stutters. That's all I'm going to say. After watching what interviews he has done, he has branded himself as one hell of a racist man though it takes no genius to style himself a racist. He takes it very personally to insult each and every race he knows ( maybe including ones he made up, who knows) I tried to understand the reasons why, but in a fit of rage, I could hardly bring myself to a state of calmness to decipher the words of this man.

Hardly a day had gone by and posts of this man had slowly gone viral among Malaysians on Facebook. The various comments that were posted on these videos were laced with such poison, that no cure could have been found. But no one seem to get the right word to describe this whole drama. Up till today, I still think there are no words to describe what he had said and the furore that he created. His comments such as chinese should stay home, which he claimed was advise to the chinese community, however, did not seem like advise but that is up to you to judge.

Following this, in a recent meeting held by UMNO, a certain MP for Titiwangsa had claimed that he required only 70 % out of 32,000 votes from the malay voters in his constituency to retain his seat. Had he known that his statement would be brought into the world of youtube, he may have chosen to hold his tongue, or maybe not.

Watch it here

He claimed that us, chinese and indians, are purely customers and "saya akan mengendalikan mereka secara berasingan." Out of curiosity, what does that mean? why are we customers? Is this another case of cina should balik china and Indians should balik India? My ancestors may have been from China, but for generations, my family has been born and raised here is MALAYSIA. (fact) i think, all my readers are of the exact same sentiment. If i wasn't welcomed into this country, why give me an identification card? I'm damn sure you have the same exact IC i have, or pictures to prove i am wrong. We all will be waiting.

Imagine the time he spent doing all these calculations, and what he could have done instead? He could have thought a ways to serve the Rakyat in his constituency, then he wouldn't need to depend on these 22,400 votes. He could have won it with support of everyone. food for thought my dear friend.

I reckon this will not be the last we hear of racism from people who are supposedly leading us. Unbelievable what comes out of their mouth. If you have any more examples, let me know, i may just put in your examples into the edited version of this blog.

Signing off.




No comments: